Thinking of whitening? We Have A Special Offer For You!
Teeth whitening is not only safe and effective when done properly, but it’s also a great way to give yourself the confidence that comes with having a beautiful smile. Having your teeth whitened with the care and guidance of professionals is the surest way to see the results you’re looking for. You’ll notice your smile looks brighter and healthier in as little as one visit. Keep reading for more information about teeth whitening.
Proud Patients Belong to Bright Edge Dentistry
Perfect white teeth!
Very happy with the staff and the office!
New Office Love.
In-Office Whitening versus At-Home Whitening
We are each unique and have different lifestyle factors that affect the shade of our teeth. Not all whitening products work the same for everyone. It’s important that whatever whitening method you choose, you use it correctly to avoid pain and damage to your gum tissue. It’s always a good idea to consult with a dental professional before starting any type of whitening regimen.
Professional in-office teeth whitening, which is a procedure completed in our dental office, has some benefits over at-home whitening products:
- Customized For You: Before starting your whitening procedure, we’ll have a conversation with you about your goals and expectations. Some patients hope to achieve a shade that’s as white as possible, while others desire a more natural shade. We’ll also do a thorough assessment of your oral health. We want to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy enough for a whitening procedure.
- Done Professionally: Our staff are specifically trained in teeth whitening products and techniques. It’s important that bleaching products are not applied incorrectly, resulting in damage to the gums.
- Shades Lighter: The whitening agent that we use in the office is much stronger than any products you can get over-the-counter. This results in our ability to whiten the teeth more quickly and often helps you achieve a lighter shade than you’d be able to achieve on your own with whitening toothpaste or at-home solutions.
- Immediate Results: When you have an in-office whitening treatment, you’ll leave the office with whiter teeth! The appointment can take as little as one hour, but sometimes takes longer depending on the individual patient.
- All Over White: Over-the-counter whitening products often don’t cover all of your teeth. This can result in whiter front teeth, and more yellow teeth at the corners of your smile. Custom whitening ensures your entire smile is treated, not just the front teeth.
- Increased Comfort: We have options to help minimize sensitivity. If you have sensitive teeth and are concerned about whether whitening will make it worse, talk to us about it.
Only a dentist can evaluate the safest, most effective whitening procedure for you. Give us a call!
At-Home Whitening Kits
You, like most of our patients, might like to have your first whitening procedure done professionally in our office, then maintain your new shade yourself by using customized whitening trays at home. This allows you to keep that beautiful bright shade long after your in-office treatment.
Customized trays are made from a model of your mouth, so they fit your teeth perfectly. You simply put a small amount of whitening gel (provided by us if you’re part of our special offer!) into your trays and wear them for 30 minutes to one hour, depending on what your dentist recommends.
- Concentrated whitening gel: The whitening gel we provide is stronger than over-the-counter options, so it’s better at whitening and maintaining your shade.
- Customized dental trays for best results: Instead of the one-size-fits-all trays or strips found in over-the-counter products, the trays you’ll get from us are custom-fit to you. That means they’ll fit every curve and contour of your teeth, covering every surface.
- Expert dental guidance: You’ll always have our expert care and advice on how to proceed with your whitening regimen.
Try our at-home whitening kits to maintain your professional whitening results!
When Should You Whiten Your Teeth?
If you’re considering having permanent cosmetic procedures done, such as crowns, veneers, or fillings that will show when you smile, then you’ll want to do your whitening first. Once you’ve achieved the shade you want on your natural teeth, the dentist can match your new dental work to the whiter shade of your natural teeth.
You can easily maintain the whiter shade by using your at-home whitening kit. Whitening treatments will not change the shade of permanent restorations like crowns, fillings, and veneers.
Professional teeth whitening along with regular hygiene visits can remove stains and discolouration from the tooth surface.
What Causes Stain and Discolouration on Teeth?
Surface Stain (Extrinsic Stain): Our teeth accumulate surface stains over time from eating and drinking. Certain foods and drinks can cause more staining than others. Here are the worst culprits:
- Drinks such as tea, coffee, red wine, colas, and some fruit juices.
- Sauces like tomato and soy sauce.
- Dark coloured fruits like blueberries, cherries, and pomegranates.
- All tobacco products.
- Poor oral hygiene.
Deep Stains (Intrinsic Stain): Tooth discolouration also occurs below the surface of the enamel. A few things can cause intrinsic stain:
- Surface stains that are rarely or never removed seep deeper into the enamel, becoming more difficult, if not impossible, to get out.
- Thinning enamel that allows the more yellow color of the center of the tooth to show through.
- Traumatic injury to the tooth.
- A past illness.
- Prolonged use of certain medications.
Whitening teeth with intrinsic stain is more complex and requires a dentist’s expertise. Bleaching gels alone won’t typically give you the results you want. Make sure to ask during your evaluation appointment what type of discolouration you have and how the dentist recommends removing it.
Options for Whitening Your Teeth
Teeth whitening is quick, easy and one of the highest satisfaction dental procedures. Who doesn’t want a brighter, whiter smile? Talk to us about which of the following options below are best for meeting your wants and needs. We’re happy to help you achieve a smile you’ll be proud to show off!
Professional In-Office Whitening Treatment
Investing in professional in-office whitening gives you the best chance at quickly achieving the shade you desire. During your in-office whitening appointment, we’ll first make sure you’re comfortable in the chair. Then we’ll apply a special gel barrier to your gums. This protects them against burns and discomfort. The bleaching solution is applied to the teeth and a special light is used to activate the solution. We’ll repeat this process up to four times in fifteen-minute increments. At each increment, we’ll evaluate your shade with you.
At-Home Professional Whitening Kit
For patients who want to maintain their shade at home, or for those who want to only whiten at home and skip the in-office treatment, we create a custom kit. We make a model of your mouth, then create trays that fit exactly over your teeth. We’re careful to trim the trays so that they do not cover and irritate the gum tissue. You’ll apply the bleaching gel to the trays and wear them at your own convenience. If you skipped the in-office treatment, you’ll see results more gradually over the course of a few weeks with regular applications.
Your Teeth Whitening Dentist
Dr. Rayo graduated from the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry at Western Univerisity in 2019. She has particular interests in restorative and aesthetic dentistry and is committed to giving you your dream smile. She has done countless teeth whitening cases and loves seeing the transformation in a patient’s smile and personality when they feel more confident and comfortable with their smile.
Contact us today
to schedule an initial consultation & exam.
Your consultation will include an examination of everything from your teeth, gums and soft tissues to the shape and condition of your bite. Generally, we want to see how your whole mouth looks and functions. Before we plan your treatment we want to know everything about the health and aesthetic of your smile, and, most importantly, what you want to achieve so we can help you get there.
How much does professional teeth whitening cost in Toronto?
Professional in-office whitening will typically cost around $700. The custom-created take-home kit will cost approximately $500. With both options, you’ll always have the guidance of your dental team. And with our Whitening-For-Life special, you’ll save money by not needing to purchase whitening gel as long as you’re maintaining regular hygiene visits.
Why Whiten With Us?
Our In-Office Whitening is:
- Performed by experienced dental professionals.
- Accurate, which avoids damage to your gums and helps control sensitivity.
- More effective than over-the-counter whitening options.
- A fast way to whiten.
Our Take-Home Kits are:
- Made custom for you, reducing the risk of burning your gums, and giving complete coverage of all your teeth.
- Convenient. You whiten when you want to.
- Easy to use. We’re here to address any questions or concerns along the way.
If you have further questions or concerns, or if you’re looking for a more accurate quote give us a call or request an appointment today!